Search  
Register   Login Wednesday, September 30, 2020

ForumForumMy Photo Index ...My Photo Index ...Feature request...Feature request...Tagging from the Tag Palette, writing keywords into JPEG IPTC sectionTagging from the Tag Palette, writing keywords into JPEG IPTC section
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 10/6/2013 3:59 PM

Hello, Asaf, I'm using your MPI and I think it's an excellent and fast soft. But I'd like to see it more handy. That is the way of tagging for me is a bit uncomfortable, I have a huge archive of photos and digital images and to tag a photo or a group of them I have to right click my mouse and to choose a tag from the very long and many-leveled context menu. When I need to stick on a photo several different tags, I must repeat this action again and again. Dragging a tag takes much time too. Is there any easier ways of tagging (if there's not, i hope you'll work on it). I like idea of double clicking on the tag, better when several especially popular tags from various categories (3-5, for example) are dragged to the Tag Palette and I double click on one of them, then another, etc. That is I'd like to load tags in the Palette and remove them from there dinamically, according to my needs.
My another sweet dream - some programs write keywords in IPTC section of JPEG files and these keys can be read by Windows built-in photo gallery, Photoshop etc. This would be a wonderfully useful option in MPI.
And the double button "Tags and Folders". I found this to be a bit hindering, when tagging files right in the imported folders, and to create a new necessary tag in the Tag tree, I have to switch on it and then to folders back again. Maybe you can make two different buttons and when pressing the"Tag" button in Folders mode, it could open as a floating compact window over the Folder window? (I guess it's a silly idea but cannot think up something brighter yet).

PS^ One more silly question - how can I comment a photo? (I loaded the Photo Info plugin, but I can't write comments themselves in the text box).

Thank you for your answer.

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMy Photo Index ...My Photo Index ...Feature request...Feature request...Tagging from the Tag Palette, writing keywords into JPEG IPTC sectionTagging from the Tag Palette, writing keywords into JPEG IPTC section

Membership Membership:
Latest New User Latest: Barolik
Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 0
Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 0
User Count Overall: 685

Online Now Online Now:

del.icio.us del.icio.us | technorati technorati | reddit reddit | stumbleupon stumbleupon | facebook facebook | live live
Copyright 2006-2014 by My Photo Index - the free open source photo organizer