Search  
Register   Login Wednesday, September 30, 2020

ForumForumMy Photo Index ...My Photo Index ...Feature request...Feature request...Other dbOther db's on backend
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 1/19/2011 3:56 AM

First off, I think this software is fantastic as is.

Second, I would like to see support for other databases. For example, SQL Server and MySQL. It would be nice to be able to configure MPI to connect to a database of your choice (not necessarily the Access db currently used as the backend). Maybe even connect to an ODBC or OLE source? Or Amazon SimpleDB or Amazon RDS? Of course, I realize this might require some substantial development, but my initial impression is that the database structure itself is not overly complex and doesn't rely on proprietary functions.

Ultimately, I would also like to see a more robust database that could support multiple users/machines and perhaps handle permissions. I have a moderately big home network in mind where photos are saved primarily on a network drive but are accessed from multiple desktop/laptop computers. It would be nice to have a shared database. I'm sure that the software could be extended beyond that audience, however, if successful.

Just some ideas....

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMy Photo Index ...My Photo Index ...Feature request...Feature request...Other dbOther db's on backend

Membership Membership:
Latest New User Latest: Barolik
Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 0
Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 0
User Count Overall: 685

Online Now Online Now:

del.icio.us del.icio.us | technorati technorati | reddit reddit | stumbleupon stumbleupon | facebook facebook | live live
Copyright 2006-2014 by My Photo Index - the free open source photo organizer