Search  
Register   Login Wednesday, September 30, 2020

ForumForumMy Photo Index ...My Photo Index ...Feature request...Feature request...Photo renamePhoto rename
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 1/30/2012 5:43 PM

I've searched a long time to find the "perfect" photo browser and cataloger. I think this is it, i love it.

Batch rename is certainly something I would appreciate to have. Yes I have such software that does the job. If it was integreted in My Photo Index, it would be nice.

Some features would include

- include exif data in the name (all or portion of it)

- Add before, after, Replace, Crop, renumber

- Rename Prefix, Suffix

- Repad, change case

- etc

This would show the before and after and would include more than one option before the files are renamed

Thank You

Jean Fortier

New Post
 2/14/2012 7:11 PM

Hi,

Sorry for the late response,

My personal belife is that people should not be dealing with 'files'. and that is the main reason My Photo Index is a bit weak on the File features side. however it should be possible to write a plugin for renaming files with preview and more.

These days I'm working on an online version of My Photo Index that will index photos stores on media like Dropbox and Amazon s3

There is a beta/test system on www.piccue.com

So I'm not sure I'll have the time to develope this plugin by myself. if you have some vb.net / c# coding expieirience I can give you the code for a sample plugin.

What software are you currently using for the renaming?

Thanks and regards,

Asaf

New Post
 2/15/2012 7:42 PM

I use Ulead Photo Explorer 8.6 for my photo renamer. This software does not use thumbnail, therefore, it takes for ever to see hundreds of pictures.

Jean Fortier

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMy Photo Index ...My Photo Index ...Feature request...Feature request...Photo renamePhoto rename

Membership Membership:
Latest New User Latest: Barolik
Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 0
Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 0
User Count Overall: 685

Online Now Online Now:

del.icio.us del.icio.us | technorati technorati | reddit reddit | stumbleupon stumbleupon | facebook facebook | live live
Copyright 2006-2014 by My Photo Index - the free open source photo organizer