Search  
Register   Login Thursday, August 13, 2020

ForumForumMy Photo Index ...My Photo Index ...Bug reportsBug reportsImport - unrecognised RAW files? and then flashing thumbnailsImport - unrecognised RAW files? and then flashing thumbnails
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 5/13/2009 5:41 PM

Hi,

I installed the program and ran an initial import of a folder which contained a few Panasonic RAW files but mainly jpegs. It appeared to work ok in that  the thumbnails appeared but the program than dropped into a "not responding" state and DW20.exe (oneof the many MS error reporting programs) started running and consumed all my CPU resources - so I used Taskmanager to shutdown the system and even then had to specifically end DW20.

On rebooting I had over 17,000 empty .tmp files!

I eventually surmised that the RAW files were possibly the problem and deleted the database and cache files and started over with a jpeg only folder. This worked as far as the initial import was concerned but I then got a second problem.

After import the thumbnails flash repeatedly as if being sorted or indexed and the program runs at 90% cpu utilisation. There are only 12 files in the folder. This continues for several minutes until I get this error box displayed

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:   MyPhotoIndex.exe

R6025

- pure virtual function call

When I click the OK button the program ends, but even after I get the error message the thumbnails keep flashing.

my current software is XP SP3 and .NET 3.5 SP1

and I have both the 2005 and 2008 versions of the C++ runtime libraries installed.

1. I am not personally bothered about the RAW files since I have very few and do not want to catalog them but it might be usefull to be able to specifically exclude them from import since there is no accepted standard for them.

2. I am more concerned about the second problem since this renders the program unusable.

Best wishes

Bill

New Post
 5/13/2009 7:00 PM

Hi,

What version of My Photo Index are you using ?

Can you send me your index file and maybe a sample Raw file that was not imported ? (admin _at- myphotoindex.com)

Thanx, And sorry for the inconvenience

Asaf.

New Post
 5/14/2009 12:02 PM

Thank you for the files,

What is the type of your D drive? is it a network share or a CD drive?

Asaf.

New Post
 5/14/2009 5:54 PM

I have a single physical hard drive which is partioned into a C: and D: drive.

C is used for windows and programs and D for data so MyPhotoIndex is installed on C and both the database and the cache file are on D as well as my original image folders.

New Post
 5/14/2009 9:19 PM

I'm having trouble with making this happen on my environments,

Would it be possible for you to send me the 12 image files ?

The cache and db looks OK and opens like it should

BTW, the reason that MyPhotoIndex grabs both CPU is because it tries to utilize all available CPU cores in order to speed up things.

Asaf.

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMy Photo Index ...My Photo Index ...Bug reportsBug reportsImport - unrecognised RAW files? and then flashing thumbnailsImport - unrecognised RAW files? and then flashing thumbnails

Membership Membership:
Latest New User Latest: zampetta
Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 0
Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 0
User Count Overall: 683

Online Now Online Now:

del.icio.us del.icio.us | technorati technorati | reddit reddit | stumbleupon stumbleupon | facebook facebook | live live
Copyright 2006-2014 by My Photo Index - the free open source photo organizer