Search  
Register   Login Thursday, August 13, 2020

ForumForumMy Photo Index ...My Photo Index ...Bug reportsBug reportsTag SelectionTag Selection
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 1/10/2009 4:50 AM

I am trying to use the complex tag search but I am not getting the expected results. Lets say I have I have the following tags:

Pets\Bo
Pets\Duke
Pets\Butch
Pets\Barney

If I drag Pets into "With (And)" and Pets\Butch into "WIthout",  I would expect to get all Pictures of Pets except those tagged with Pets\Butch.  Instead I get all Pets pictures, including Pets\Butch

Not knowing the exact structre of the DB and Tables, I would expect my query would be something like:

SELECT * from MyPhotoIndex WHERE Tag LIKE 'Pets\%' AND NOT Tag = 'Pets\Butch'

Am I doing something wrong or am I interpretting your query tool wrong?  Also can you add a simple Free form SQL Query tool too?

Thanks.
Brian

New Post
 1/10/2009 11:46 AM

Hi Brian,

I'm currently checking this, indeed it looks like a bug,

The system actually doesn't use SQL rather then an in memory query engine, so SQL syntax is not currently supported,

in the meantime you can select(check) the 'Pets' tag from the tag tree and then using the CTRL key select(check) the 'Pets\Butch' tag, this should give you the effect you are looking for. please read section 3 here

I'll post back when I have more findings regarding this issue.

Regards,

Asaf

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMy Photo Index ...My Photo Index ...Bug reportsBug reportsTag SelectionTag Selection

Membership Membership:
Latest New User Latest: zampetta
Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 0
Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 0
User Count Overall: 683

Online Now Online Now:

del.icio.us del.icio.us | technorati technorati | reddit reddit | stumbleupon stumbleupon | facebook facebook | live live
Copyright 2006-2014 by My Photo Index - the free open source photo organizer